Export to Excel
Step 2: On the next page, in the Grade items to be included section, select or unselect the check boxes next to the items you want (or don’t want) included in the Excel file. When finished, click the Download button at the bottom of the page.
Step 3: You should get a pop-up that asks you if you want to Open with Microsoft Excel or Save File. Select which option you want and click the OK button. NOTE: This step may be slightly different depending on your web browser.
You now have access to your gradebook in an Excel file.
Import an Excel Spreadsheet into the Moodle Gradebook
To Start: Setup your Excel spreadsheet or use a spreadsheet exported out from Moodle. Here are some requirements to insure the import works:
- Make sure your first line includes headings only, not information. These do not have to match the names of items in Moodle
- Make sure you do not have any %, !, or other symbols/formula’s in the headings
Step 1: Save your Excel spreadsheet as a .csv file. Please note:
- If you use formulas, copy and paste the information you want to import in a separate file, make sure you paste the totals and not the formulas
- You may receive an alert from Excel about the possibility of losing capabilities by saving as a .csv file from an .xlsx or .xls file, this is okay
Under Identify user by make sure you:
- Map from: ID number or what you have designated the column in your spreadsheet holding NMCids
- Map to: useridnumber
Under Grade item mappings make sure you ignore all items except the graded items you would like to import. On import items, either:
- Select the Grade item name used in your Moodle gradebook, or
- Select new grade item for items that are new to your gradebook (NOTE: if you use new grade item, Moodle will import your grade as a percentage (out of 100 pts.) by default. Either manipulate your grades as a percentage on the import or adjust the points in the gradebook afterwards)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Upload grades button
- Moodle will inform you as to a successful upload and notify you of any information that did not get updated due to a mismatch in NMCid
- View your gradebook to verify the import
For Moodle help, contact the NMC Technology Helpdesk at 231-995-3020