How do I access Moodle?
- Go to the NMC Homepage (https://www.nmc.edu) and click on MyNMC in the upper right corner of the screen. If you are on campus, you will be automatically logged in. If you are off campus, login using your NMCid and password.
- Scroll down and click Moodle This will take you to the Moodle dashboard home page.
Is there a specific browser I should use?
We recommend that you use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Common browser issues may include not seeing videos, or links not working correctly; switch to a different browser to see if that solves the issue.
Where do I find my courses?
- Look for the My Courses block, located in the middle of your Moodle dashboard home page.
- If your course is using Moodle, you will see it listed here. Click the name of your course to enter the course page.
- Courses will be open and available in Moodle on the starting date of the course.
Can I edit my profile?
You can click on your name in the upper right to open a drop down menu and select Preferences. Once your preferences open, click Edit profile.
How do I log out?
Click on your name in the upper right to open a drop down menu and select Log out.
What if I need help?
You will find resources to help you by clicking on Help from the green menu bar. You can also contact the NMC Helpdesk by calling 231-995-3020.
Spell Check: This is through the internet browser you are using. Every browser is a little different, but CTRL + Right Mouse button over the misspelled word will usually give you alternatives.
Copy and Paste: You can copy and paste in Moodle but you must use the keyboard short cuts (CTRL+c = Copy; CTRL+v= paste)
Your Moodle Dashboard Homepage:
When you first go into Moodle you will see your Moodle Dashboard Homepage. In the middle of this page you’ll find:
- Calendar block – contains links to due dates related to your enrolled courses
- My Courses block – contains a list of your courses
In Your Course:
Course Dashboard: Click on the course dashboard button to display a pop-up that includes links to your course grades, activities, and teaching contact information.
Topic Areas: These are the “boxes” in the middle of the page that contain all the course content. Many of the items listed will open in their own window. The most commonly used activities you will see are forums, pages, files, assignments, and quizzes. To open an activity, just click on the link, or title listed.Navigation Menu: In this menu, which appears on the left side of the screen, clicking on a topic arrow expands the menu and allows you to select a specific activity. You can also access your grades by clicking on Grades.
Bread Crumb Trail Menu: As you navigate to different areas and activities in the course this menu can be helpful in returning to the course home page or even back to the Moodle dashboard home page. This is located at the top of the page. Look for it as a helpful navigation guide.
For Moodle help, contact the NMC Technology Helpdesk at 231-995-3020