The resources and activities below can help both new and experienced instructors prepare for a new semester at NMC.
Before Students Arrive
- Turn in required paperwork.
- Organize your materials.
- Meet your peers.
- Find resources in your academic area.
- Meet your department chair. Prep by reviewing the Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement before your meeting.
New Faculty Institute
Sponsored by CIE – The Center for Instructional Excellence The New Faculty Institute is held before each semester to introduce new faculty to NMC. For those instructors unable to attend NFI, please review this material from a past NFI. Visit the CIE Web Page
- Create a syllabus using the Course Syllabus Essential Criteria template from the Academic Forms page.
- Are you Moodle ready? Minimum Moodle requirements include instructor contact info, course syllabus, and the gradebook. The Moodle Basics for Instructors (MBI) resource is a great way to get started.
- One way to start your first day of class – BINGO.
- Find your course and student information in My Success.
When Students Need Help
- Student Services Overview includes advising, counseling, tutoring, child care, disability services, and student life.
- Student Services A-Z.
- View the student orientation videos.
Quick Links to Resources
- Need Tech Help? Contact the NMC Technology Help Desk
- Osterlin Library
- Grading Procedures found in the Self Service Faculty Menu
- Submitting a Class Cancellation
- Virtual Tour of NMC
- Human Resources
- NMC “Red Flag” Incident Reporting Form
Guidelines and Policies
- ADA Accessibility
- Intellectual Property Rights Policy
- Computer & Network Acceptable Use Policy
- SafeColleges (FERPA & Copyright Training)
- All NMC Policies