The resources and activities below can help both new and experienced instructors prepare for a new semester at NMC.
Before Students Arrive
- Turn in required paperwork.
- Organize your materials.
- Meet your peers.
- Find resources in your academic area.
- Meet your department chair. Prep by printing and reviewing the Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement before your meeting.
New Faculty Institute
Sponsored by CIE – The Center for Instructional Excellence
The New Faculty Institute is held before each semester to introduce new faculty to NMC. For those instructors unable to attend NFI, please review this material from a past NFI.
- Create a syllabus using the Course Syllabus Essential Criteria template from the Academic Forms page.
- Are U Moodle Ready? Minimum course shell requirements include instructor contact info, course syllabus, and the gradebook.
- One way to start your first day of class – BINGO.
- Find your course and student information.
- Grade students in the right spot at the right time.
When Students Need Help
Quick Links to Resources
MyNMC – NMC site links
- Need Tech Help? Contact the NMC Technology Help Desk
- Osterlin Library
- Grading Procedures found in the Self Service Faculty Menu
- Submitting a Class Cancellation
- Virtual Tour of NMC
- Human Resources
- NMC “Red Flag” Incident Reporting Form