Thank you to those that attended the CIE Coffee Club on Friday, February 17th, to discuss ChatGPT and how it should be used at NMC. During our discussion we shared several resources that can be found below:
- Create an OpenAI account and try ChatGPT
- Adapting Your Teaching to ChatGPT & AI Tools – a handout for instructors
- Getting the AI We Deserve – Confessions of a Community College Dean Blog, Matt Reed
“We assign papers because the act of writing the papers forces students to engage with the material at a deeper level than a multiple-choice exam question does. To the extent that students outsource the task of writing, they outsource the task of thinking. It’s similar to saying that it’s faster and easier to drive a car 26.2 miles than to run a marathon. Yes, it is, but that defeats the purpose of the marathon.”
- Distance Educated Podcast – Presented by the ITC – ChatGPT – Do Cheaters Have a New Ally?
- The Future of AI, according to an AI
- Bing (Yes, Bing) Just Made Search Interesting Again