The OER Faculty Conversation series provides an opportunity for faculty from two and four-year institutions to hear how their peers are using OER in their classrooms. The final session of the year will feature NMC’s Lisa Blackford discussing her Social Work course. Each session allows featured faculty to provide an overview of what they are using, adjustments they made, challenges and opportunities along with a question and answer time. The focus this year is on courses that have been identified by the Michigan Transfer Pathway Projects, are offered at community colleges and will transfer to four-year institutions to satisfy program requirements. View the program flyer.
This year’s conversations begin at noon and run for 1 hour. The sessions are not recorded. To register, click on the date for that specific session:
- January 28, 2019 – Economics – Featuring Christian Nelson from Bay College
- January 29, 2019 – Public Speaking – Featuring Claire Sparklin from Washtenaw Community College
- January 30, 2019 – Abnormal Psychology – Featuring Susan Harvey from Delta College
- January 31, 2019 – Calculus I & II – Featuring Matt Boelkins form Grand Valley State University and Larry David from Washtenaw Community College
- February 1, 2019 – Physics – Featuring Rod Price from Kellogg Community College
- February 4, 2019 – Sociology – Featuring Jean Ramirez and Aliza Robison from Lansing Community College
- February 5, 2019 – Social Work – Featuring Lisa Blackford from Northwestern Michigan College.