While it might still feel like winter half the time (all of the time?), summer semester is right around the corner. Keep the following Moodle-related dates in mind as we approach the start of NMC’s next term:
- Wednesday, May 4th — Students populated into standard-start summer 2022 (2203) courses. You’ll be able to see students in your participant lists in Moodle on this date provided your course starts on May 9th. Remember that students are populated into Moodle courses 5 days before the course’s official start date, so if your course is late-start you’ll see your student list in Moodle later.
- Sunday, May 8th — Summer 2022 (2203) courses turned on. We turn on courses (and hide META child courses) one day before the semester begins so students are able to confirm their course enrollments. Make sure your course shells have at least a welcome message by this date. If some of your content is not ready, you can always hide sections from students.
- Monday, May 9th — Summer 2022 (2203) semester begins.
- Monday, May 23rd — Spring 2022 (2202) courses turned off. We turn courses off 10 days after grades have been submitted. If you need a course left open, please submit a ticket and let us know the course and the student(s) who need to maintain access to your materials.
- Friday, May 27th — Fall 2021 (2101) courses removed from Moodle. We continually remove older Moodle courses to keep the Moodle server running optimally. You can backup/download a Moodle course on your own or reach out to us for help.
If you’ve been assigned to teach a course in the Summer or Fall of 2022, but the course doesn’t appear in your Moodle dashboard, check with your department manager to make sure you’ve been assigned to the course in the registration software.
If you have any questions about these upcoming dates, feel free to give us a call or submit a ticket.