As summer winds down, Moodle winds up! Below you’ll find important Moodle dates to remember:
- Wednesday, August 14th — Moodle updated from version 3.5 to 3.6: More information will be sent out soon, but expect Moodle to be unavailable for around 24-hours during the update
- Monday, August 19th — Students populated in most Fall 2019 (2001) courses: If your course starts on the 24th, you’ll be able to see student lists in Moodle on this day. If your course starts later, look for students 5 days before the start date. Students still won’t be able to see their courses, though (see below), unless you turn it on early
- Tuesday, August 20th — Summer 2019 (1903) courses turned off: We turn courses off 10 days after the course end date. If you need a course left open, please submit a ticket
- Friday, August 23rd — Fall 2019 (2001) courses turned on: The semester begins August 24th. We turn on courses one day early so students will be able to access course content. You can turn a course off if you’d like to postpone access
- Friday, August 30th — Spring 2017 (1702) courses removed: We continually remove older Moodle courses to keep the Moodle server running optimally. You can backup/download a Moodle course on your own or reach out to us for help. We backup courses before they’re removed from Moodle and save a copy of older courses remotely (for an additional 3 years)
If you’ve been assigned to teach a course in the Fall of 2019, but the course doesn’t appear in your Moodle dashboard, check with your department manager to make sure you’ve been assigned to the course in Banner.
If you have any questions about these upcoming dates, feel free to respond to this blog, give us a call or submit a ticket. We’re happy to help.