As we close down 2019 and finalize NMC’s fall semester, be aware of these important Moodle dates:
- Friday, December 28th – Fall 2019 (2001) courses turned off. We routinely turn courses off 10 days after final grades are submitted. If you need a course left open, please submit a ticket.
- Sunday, January 5th – Students populated in Spring 2020 (2002) courses. On this date instructor’s will be able to see student lists in their Moodle course shells. Students will not be able to see their courses unless you turn a course on early.
- Thursday, January 9th – Spring 2020 (2002) courses turned on. The semester begins January 10th, and we’ll turn courses on a day early so students can see their courses. You can turn a course off if you’d like to postpone student access.
- Thursday, January 9th from 1-5 pm – #RUMoodleReady? On Thursday, January 9 from 1 – 5 pm, the Ed Tech team will be available in Scholar’s Hall room 206 to help with anything Moodle related – from gradebook setup, the creation of META shells, course transfers, or help on developing content and instructional design. We will have snacks, so come with questions and an appetite!
- Friday, January 17th – Summer 2018 (1703), Fall 2018 (1801), Spring 2019 (1802), and Summer 2019 (1803) courses removed. This winter we are removing an additional year of courses to help Moodle operations run more smoothly. This will be the only time we remove more than one semester of Moodle courses. You can backup/download a Moodle course on your own or reach out to us to learn about options for saving older course content.
If you’ve been assigned to teach a course in the Spring of 2020, but the course doesn’t appear in your Moodle dashboard, check with your department manager to make sure you’ve been assigned to the course in the registration software.
If you have any questions about these upcoming dates, or if you’d like help importing or backing up content, please feel free to respond to this blog, give us a call or submit a ticket. We’re happy to help in any way we can.